By Jocelyn Vena
Demi Lovato is currently on the road with the Jonas Brothers for their “Camp Rock 2” tour, and she has one killer wardrobe, complete with bedazzled boots, lots of funky jewelry and cool, little dresses. So Lovato, who has admitted to shopping on tour, was a bit nervous when she gave MTV News a behind-the-scenes look at her outfits.
Lovato said that in the weeks leading up to the trek, she really had to focus and nail down the looks she wanted for her performances, which would include sets of her singing her own tunes as well as tunes from the “Camp Rock” movies. That means she needed looks that were both Lovato and Mitchie, her character from the movies. “When it comes to picking out outfits for the tour, I had a rack that filled out an entire warehouse,” she shared. “I just went through it and it took me like six, seven hours to fit all the outfits for the tour. It was fun!”
One of those looks is an edgy black and feather dress that screamed Lady Gaga. “It’s a dress and I’ve never really performed my own set in a dress before,” she shared at a rehearsal days before the tour kicked off last week. “So I’m excited.”
Another look was a sparkly teal dress that included some sky-high heels. “This is for one of the ‘Camp Rock’ looks that I sing the duet [‘Wouldn’t Change a Thing’ with Joe Jonas] in, and here are the crazy shoes also,” she said. “I mean they’re not crazy like Lady Gaga, but for me they are. I’ve never performed in stilettos, so we’ll see how this goes.”
Lovato also shows off a multicolored dress with a little bronze jacket that suits her “Camp Rock” alternate persona perfectly. “Here’s another ‘Camp Rock,’ dress. Not something I would typically wear, but my character would,” she explained.
So, what inspires Lovato’s fashion choices for the show? “I feel like it’s more Rihanna than Lady Gaga. I’m a huge Rihanna fan and I also love spikes and anything leather,” she said, before showing off some heavy metal jewelry. “And I have this crazy jewelry. Actually this one [ring] is pretty crazy [with all its spikes], and the bracelets have twice as many spikes. Overall, I guess you can say there’s a ton of spikes in my wardrobe.”
In case you missed any!
The Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam soundtrack has been released in the U.S.! Make sure you grab a copy or get it off of iTunes here!
Here’s a soundtrack preview of all the songs that will be on the Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam soundtrack. Also, below is the track listings.
1. Brand New Day Demi Lovato
2. Fire Matthew “Mdot” Finley
3. Can’t Back Down Demi Lovato, Alyson Stoner, Anna Maria Perez de Taglé and Char Ligera
4. It’s On Demi Lovato, Matthew “Mdot” Finley, Meaghan Martin, Jordan Francis, Roshon Fegan and Alyson Stoner
5. Wouldn’t Change a Thing Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas
6. Heart and Soul Joe Jonas, Kevin Jonas and Nick Jonas
7. You’re My Favorite Song Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas
8. Introducing Me Nick Jonas
9. Tear It Down Matthew “Mdot” Finley and Meaghan Martin
10. What We Came Here For Demi Lovato, Joe Jonas, Nick Jonas, Alyson Stoner and Anna Maria Perez de Taglé
11. This Is Our Song Demi Lovato, Joe Jonas, Nick Jonas and Alyson Stoner
12. Different Summers (BONUS) Demi Lovato
13. Walking In My Shoes (BONUS) Matthew “Mdot” Finley and Meaghan Martin
14. It’s Not Too Late (BONUS) Demi Lovato
15. Rock Hard or Go Home Iron Weasel
Thanks to my awesome friend Jenny, I have added some high quality episode stills from Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam. Check out the pictures in the gallery! Please credit DemiCentral.Com if using the photos anywhere else. Thanks!