By Milaine Paterakis
Posted on December 13, 2011 at 7:25 PM
2011 was packed with amazing rising talents. Demi Lovato wanted you to know she will rise like a Skyscraper. Nicki Minaj wanted you to feel her Super Bass. Karmin came to Crash Your Party, and The Band Perry gave you a list of things to do If I they Die Young. Find out who else made the list for Rising Artists Of 2011.
10. Ellie Goulding – This British singer had made quite the impact in the UK impact in 2010 with her smash hit, Lights, and in 2011, she did the same on the American charts. Her music videos repeatedly reach over millions of views on YouTube. This is one rising musician!
9. Big Time Rush – This boy band gets their name from their hit television series on Nickelodeon. Fans are crazy for the boys of BTR, (Kendall Schmidt, James Maslow, Logan Henderson, and Carlos Pena). Their latest album, Elevate, continues to climb the charts, and their single, featuring Snoop Dogg, Boyfriend, is a huge viral hit.
8. Hot Chelle Rae – This Nashville band debuted at #1 on iTunes‘ album charts for their 2011 hit album, WHATEVER. Their single, Tonight Tonight, has reached over 22-million views on YouTube, and their fan base is fully devoted to these rising stars!
7. Foster The People – This Los Angeles based group had the summer anthem of the year with Pumped Up Kicks. Their chart topper has reached over 47-million views on YouTube, and it continues to play all over the world to this day. The guys just released a new music video for their latest single, Don’t Stop, and they are currently on an international tour.
6. Jessie J – She rose to the top with her 2011 hit, Price Tag, featuring B.o.B.. That music video received over 165-million views!!! We’re pretty sure by those number that Jessie J will only get bigger in 2012.
5. The Band Perry – There’s no stopping this country trio. Their addicting smash hit, If I Die Young, continues to dominate charts and award shows. The group has already won Song Of The Year at the 2011 Country Music Awards and are up for Best New Artist at next year’s Grammy Awards.
4. David Guetta – After playing at the biggest sold-out music festival, iHeartRadio, this past year, David Guetta became thee DJ to work with. His chart topper with Usher, Without You, is still playing strong on the radio, and his latest single featuring Nicki Minaj, Turn Me On, is on fire!
3. Karmin – As soon as this duo (the band features Amy Heidemann and Nick Noonan) released their most viewed video onto YouTube, Chris Brown‘s Look At Me Now, the Karmin addiction began. When Amy revealed that she could rap, the duo became YouTube’s newest group to make it big. Now, with their debut single out, Crash Your Party, there’s no stopping this couple (They’re engaged!).
2. Nicki Minaj – There’s no doubt about it that Nicki Minaj had the year’s biggest singles with Super Bass and Moment 4 Life. This blonde and pink hair wearing, Hip-Hop diva has won countless awards, including Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist at the American Music Awards. She’s performed on practically every stage this year, including the Victoria Secrets’ Fashion Show and with her next album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, due out in February, 2012 just might be another year Nicki tops.
1. Demi Lovato – Demi Lovato is best known for being a Disney superstar, but as soon as Demi’s comeback album, Unbroken, (after entering rehab) came out, she became the newest “It” girl! Skyscraper was one of the biggest singles of the year, and Demi’s advocacy for eating disorders and anti-bullying awareness was really the deciding factor that placed this talented/good samaritan at the top of our breakout stars list.