‘I couldn’t be happier that Demi wants to come back this year,’ Simon Cowell confirms in a statement.
Demi Lovato might be giving your heart a break, but she has no plans to take a break from “The X Factor.” On Thursday (March 28), Simon Cowell confirmed that the singer will be back for the third season of the Fox reality show, marking her second season on the series.
“I couldn’t be happier that Demi wants to come back this year. She’s a superstar in her own right and was a fantastic mentor last year. Even though she can be really, really annoying — I truly enjoyed working with her and so did the artists,” he said in a statement, Deadline reports. “I’m especially pleased she’s back even during her world tour!”
Lovato may be back to bicker some more with Cowell, but it’s already been confirmed that Britney Spears and L.A. Reid have parted ways with the show, leaving two additional empty spots on the panel. Cowell has yet to announce who might join him and Lovato on the new season.
Earlier this year, when MTV News caught up with the singer, she played coy about a possible return to the series. “It’s hard, ’cause at the end of the day, I’m a musician. So I could take the opportunity to tour, and, you know, I have to be a businesswoman and I have to, like, balance it out on both aspects,” she told MTV News last month. “But at the same time, I had so much fun. And I would love to go back.
“It’s just a matter of making things work,” she added. “And, you never know, I may do both; I may just pick one or the other.”
In addition to her world tour and returning to the show, Lovato is slated to release a new studio album later this year, already filming a music video for lead single”Heart Attack.” She will appear on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” and “Dancing With the Stars” next week (Monday and Tuesday, respectively) to perform the tune on TV for the first time.